A First

I almost didn't make it to my knit group tonight. I had and still have company meetings this week. And with the ice storm on Tuesday that meeting got canceled until tonight. Thank goodness we had clock watchers or else I'd still be there. It was an informative meeting, but honestly, they should just give me the points of interest and let me present the information. I can do it in 5 sentences. No, I can name that tune in 4 sentences.... :) And then there are also those, that when asking a question beat around the bush and end up not asking a question but making it a statement. But to hide the fact that it is no longer a question, they raise their voice at the end to mask the statement, in turn confusing everyone around. There are things in this world that drive me nuts to the point where I can't sit still and get tempted to leave the room (which I've done once), and that is one of them! Get to the point!!! Aghh!!

With that said I was able to make it to the last hour of the knit group and as promised I learned how to knit. I think going to this group for several months now, and watching them closely, mostly out of curiosity cause I like to see how things work, I picked it up fairly quickly. Or maybe it is just a simple thing and I'm giving my "watching skills" too much credit. So there it is, my first knit attempt at a scarf. So far so good, but as it gets longer I'm sure there are bound to be holes.

A side note: I'm turning in my resume for the new supervisor position tomorrow. Wish me luck. I'm not sure I want the job, but I am going to see if I can get it anyway and if I decide it's not for me than nothing lost.

1 comments:

rachel garber said...

did you get your haircut and is your scarf done? I am jealous, i want to learn to knit.