Happy December

Today was my 26th birthday and the first thing I thought when I woke up was, "thank goodness this isn't hitting me hard" Last year was a hard number to accept.

My main gift this year was a massage. I'm not talking chair massage or someone rubbing my shoulders, I'm talking 1 hour body massage!! It was great. Apparently my body was screaming at me to get straighten out, my muscles were twisted in knots and my arms, well let's just say, I won't be surprised it I get carpel tunnel before too long.

I also got a puzzle (which I love) and just got money for clothes this year, which I'm going to have to force myself to go out and get. I hate to shop for clothes. And yes, I know hate is a strong word. I would rather drive the length of the country in a small cramped vehicle than shop for clothes. I will post what I end up getting as I get them.

My family also went to the Cheesecake Factory for desert. I think if they weren't so expensive I'd go there all the time! Plus I thought it was very classy the way they helped celebrate my birthday. Some restaurants sing to you some embarrassing song, others make you wear ridiculous hats or just do whatever to make you turn red. They just took my plate and with chocolate wrote "Happy Birthday Rachael". No singing, no hats, no nothing!! I was saying a silent prayer of thanks for that one. It was really nice, too bad I'm not made of money and they are. I think if I were I'd buy a franchise. Oh well. I did however get a gift card for them from Rachel. I think I will use it for a lunch and drag someone along. Yummy!!

So in other news, I got a raise, a $1.50 one at that!!! It won't take effect until the 11th of January, but I'm very excited about it. Plus they told me I'm still eligible for what they called a merit. I had to have them explain that one to me. It's what should be called your yearly review and if you've done a good job you usually get a raise. I also am now eligible for bonuses. Before with my position I wasn't, but now if my projects get 97% done each week I get a bonus. Did I ever say I love my job?!? I love what I do, I love that my company is constantly looking for ways to keep morale as high as it can be. I also will be applying for a new position this next week. My direct supervisor got promoted over to HR. She is still acting in her old capacity until her position gets filled so they are looking to fill it quickly and wanting to promote within the company. They encouraged me to apply, so we'll see what happens. I would love to take on a new challenge, but I don't know if I have what it will take to excel in the position. Mostly because it is a job over people, and those who know me, I'd rather have people tell me what to do rather than the other way around.

For I don't know how long now, I've been going to a knitting group and still have not knitted a single stitch. Well I finally gave in and told my friend who organized our little group that I was finally ready to try. Wednesday's the day I will put my fingers to the test. I'm going to make myself a scarf, not sure about the colors yet. I'd like to do black, but I've been told I wear too much black. So I don't know, maybe gray. I just want something that will go with a bunch of stuff instead of one or two things. I think that's what I'll do. Again I'll post pictures as I work on it. Wish me luck cause I think I'm going to need it for this project.

2 comments:

Teri said...

I wanted to wish you a happy birthday yesterday, but we were in Salt Lake moving things all day. So here's a belated happy birthday!! Sounds like you had fun!

Mother 25 - 8 said...

I've been reading your blog while I nurse my newborn. LOVED the Dec. stuff!I was either relating or jealous! The average raise I got was about a nickel. And I was so insecure at the time I acted grateful for it!