Update on my 2008/2009 Goal

So I again mentioned to my Dad the other day that I need my own space and I'm not really interested in renting. In my opinion if I'm going to spend the money might as well get something out of it like ownership. I am toying with the idea of purchasing a small home, so my Dad got me hooked up with a real estate agent this past week and the agent didn't waste any time on his part, he has sent me a list of homes to check out online. All of this is happening a little too fast for me, but at the same time I'm very excited if it ends up working out. It really just depends if I can get a first time home owner loan with an affordable monthly payment. So really it's in the early stages but it has come out of the "some day" stage to the "ball rolling" stage. I already have my sights on one house in particular so I'll keep you posted to see what happens, but to be realistic, I don't think anything is going to happen anytime soon.

4 comments:

Sarah Oman said...

good luck Rach!!! Such an exciting time it can be. It is also very stressful. I am sure you will get a lot of advice, but here is mine. Don't move to fast! Expecially since it is the buyers market. Take your time, you have it!

Carrie said...

Exciting! Is there a specific part of town that you want to live in?

S&J Jones Family said...

I knew you'd been thinking about it, keep us posted!

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

WOW! Good luck! How exciting!!