A Year in Review

As I've been sitting here for oh about 5 minutes or so trying to come up with a topic about which to write, I decided I would just write about the one year anniversary of my blog. Has it been a Happy year? I don't know. Thinking that it has only been a year tells me it's been a long year, a very long year. That much I know for sure. I would say for the most part it has been a good year.

I did a lot of traveling. Went to Boise about four times. Drove to Utah several times, too many I care to count. Utah just isn't my favorite state. And I drove home from Idaho, a long journey in of itself. I turned the big 25. That one was hard for me. I don't care to think of myself as an adult, I tend to think when times were simpler and how I wish I could go back sometimes.

I learned that it is possible to keep a fairly updated blog. (I'm counting writing this blog as writing in my journal.) I also learned that you can be best friends with people who share your name. For some reason, I always tended to run from those people in the past. I also learned that keeping in contact is hard, but when you put your mind to it, it pays off. I'm a nerd, but that's a given. That spring and fall are my favorite seasons... I think. That I NEED alone time a majority of the time.

There have been other things that weren't the best of times as well. But for those things I am grateful, somehow, at least I should be. That's what we're supposed to do anyway, right?

Here's to a new year in recording my life how I see it. Cheers

0 comments: